No prior knowledge of Swedish is required.
This course puts emphasis on everyday Swedish and is designed with the absolute beginner in mind. The main objective of the course is to give an ability to use the Swedish language to communicate and exchange basic information. The course will start with the fundamentals such as the alphabet and numbers. You will continue to build vocabulary and incorporate some grammar to create sentences. There will be plenty of opportunities to practice pronunciation.
After this course, you should be able to:
- use greetings and farewells and introduce yourself;
- pronounce in a way that people will understand you;
- talk about yourself, family, leisure time, studies, work, weather, etc.;
- use basic structures for communication, asking questions, shopping etc.;
- use basic structures for making plans and arrangements;
- understand basic, naturally-spoken Swedish and participate in simple conversations;
- read basic texts;
- understand simple written messages, e.g., on the street, in stores, cafés etc.; and
- write simple messages, text messages, etc. in Swedish.
And finally, you will also be introduced to some Swedish traditions, culture and fun facts. Short video clips, games and team work will bring another lighter aspect to this course.
12-WEEK COURSE SCHEDULE
January 15, 2019 – April 2, 2019
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Our classes take place at a central location in Toronto, Ontario Canada near public transportation (normally by a TTC subway or streetcar). Information about classroom location will be sent to registered and paid students prior to the start of class through e-mail.
Cost (WINTER 2019)
$450 plus HST (regular registration)
for one 2-hour session per week for 12 weeks
PROMOTION FOR WINTER 2019
- Register on or before December 10, 2018 for $50 off regular registration fee (discounted to $400)
- Register between December 10, 2018 to January 1, 2019 for $25 off the regular registration fee (discounted to $425)
Click here or the button below to register now!
Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can also be added to our mailing list here for future promotions and e-mail!
Before registering, view our Refund and Cancellation Policy.