No prior knowledge of Swedish is required.
This course puts emphasis on everyday Swedish and is designed with the absolute beginner in mind. The main objective of the course is to give an ability to use the Swedish language to communicate and exchange basic information. The course will start with the fundamentals such as the alphabet and numbers. You will continue to build vocabulary and incorporate some grammar to create sentences. There will be plenty of
opportunities to practice pronunciation.
After this course, you should be able to:
- use greetings and farewells and introduce yourself;
- pronounce in a way that people will understand you;
- talk about yourself, family, leisure time, studies, work, weather, etc.;
- use basic structures for communication, asking questions, shopping etc.;
- use basic structures for making plans and arrangements;
- understand basic, naturally-spoken Swedish and participate in simple conversations;
- read basic texts;
- understand simple written messages, e.g., on the street, in stores, cafés etc.; and
- write simple messages, text messages, etc. in Swedish.
And finally, you will also be introduced to some Swedish traditions, culture and fun facts. Short video clips, games and team work will bring another lighter aspect to this course.
12-WEEK COURSE SCHEDULE
May 1 – July 17, 2018
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Our classes take place at a central location in Toronto, Ontario Canada near public transportation (normally by a TTC subway or streetcar). Information about classroom location will be sent to registered students prior to start of class through e-mail.
Cost (SPRING-SUMMER 2018)
$399 plus HST
for one 2-hour session per week for 12 weeks
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED. SEE YOU IN THE FALL!
Before registering, view our Refund and Cancellation Policy.