No prior knowledge of Norwegian is required.
This course puts emphasis on Bokmål Norwegian which is the written language for 85 – 90% of Norway and is designed with the absolute beginner in mind. The main objective of the course is to give an ability to use the Norwegian language to communicate and exchange basic information. The course will start with the fundamentals such as the alphabet and numbers. You will continue to build vocabulary and incorporate some grammar to create sentences. There will be plenty of opportunities to practice pronunciation.
After this course, you should be able to:
- use greetings and farewells and introduce yourself;
- pronounce in a way that people will understand you;
- talk about yourself, family, leisure time, studies, work, weather, etc.;
- use basic structures for communication, asking questions, shopping etc.;
- use basic structures for making plans and arrangements;
- understand basic, naturally-spoken Norwegian and participate in simple conversations;
- read basic texts;
- understand simple written messages, e.g., on the street, in stores, cafés etc.; and
- write simple messages, text messages, etc. in Norwegian.
And finally, you will also be introduced to some Norwegian traditions, culture and fun facts. Short video clips, games and team work will bring another lighter aspect to this course.
REGISTRATION NOW CLOSED
Our classes take place at a central location in Toronto, Ontario Canada near public transportation (normally by a TTC subway or streetcar). Information about classroom location will be sent to registered and paid students prior to the start of class through e-mail.
Any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also be added to our mailing list here for future promotions, registration dates and more.
Before registering, view our Refund and Cancellation Policy.