No prior knowledge of Norwegian is required.
This course puts emphasis on Bokmål Norwegian which is the written language for 85 – 90% of Norway and is designed with the absolute beginner in mind. The main objective of the course is to give an ability to use the Norwegian language to communicate and exchange basic information. The course will start with the fundamentals such as the alphabet and numbers. You will continue to build vocabulary and incorporate some grammar to create sentences. There will be plenty of opportunities to practice pronunciation.
After this course, you should be able to:
- use greetings and farewells and introduce yourself;
- pronounce in a way that people will understand you;
- talk about yourself, family, leisure time, studies, work, weather, etc.;
- use basic structures for communication, asking questions, shopping etc.;
- use basic structures for making plans and arrangements;
- understand basic, naturally-spoken Norwegian and participate in simple conversations;
- read basic texts;
- understand simple written messages, e.g., on the street, in stores, cafés etc.; and
- write simple messages, text messages, etc. in Norwegian.
And finally, you will also be introduced to some Norwegian traditions, culture and fun facts. Short video clips, games and team work will bring another lighter aspect to this course.
12-WEEK COURSE SCHEDULE
September 12 – November 28, 2017
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Cost (FALL 2017)
$399 plus HST
for one 2-hour session per week for 12 weeks
REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW!
Information about classroom location will be sent 1-2 weeks prior to start of class. Any questions or to be added to our mailing list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Before registering, view our Refund and Cancellation Policy.