No prior knowledge of Finnish is required.
This course is designed with the absolute beginner in mind. The main objective of the course is to give an ability to use the Finnish language to communicate and exchange basic information. The course will start with the fundamentals such as the alphabet and numbers. You will continue to build vocabulary and incorporate some grammar to create sentences. There will be plenty of opportunities to practice pronunciation.
After this course, you should be able to:
- use greetings and farewells and introduce yourself;
- pronounce in a way that people will understand you;
- talk about yourself, family, leisure time, studies, work, weather, etc.;
- use basic structures for communication, asking questions, shopping etc.;
- use basic structures for making plans and arrangements;
- understand basic, naturally-spoken Finnish and participate in simple conversations;
- read basic texts;
- understand simple written messages, e.g., on the street, in stores, cafés etc.; and
- write simple messages, text messages, etc. in Finnish.
And finally, you will also be introduced to some Finnish traditions, culture and fun facts. Short video clips, games and team work will bring another lighter aspect to this course.
Cost Per Course
CAD 450 + HST (13% tax) for 12 classes, once a week for 12 weeks
Special promo: Register on or before August 31st and get $50 off
VIRTUAL CLASS on Mondays, 6 to 8 pm EST Toronto/NYC (18.00-20.00)
September 21 to December 14, 2020 (no class Oct. 12 Canadian Thanksgiving) Register for this class.
THIS IS A VIRTUAL CLASS AND TAKES PLACE USING GOOGLE CHAT in Eastern Time (Toronto/NYC). Instructions on how to join will be sent prior to the first class date.
You can join a WAIT LIST if the class is full. Additional classes may be added as they fill up, and we’ll contact you if a space opens up.
Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can also be added to our mailing list here for future promotions, registration dates and more.
Before registering, view our Refund and Cancellation Policy.