No prior knowledge of Finnish is required.
This course is designed with the absolute beginner in mind. The main objective of the course is to give an ability to use the Finnish language to communicate and exchange basic information. The course will start with the fundamentals such as the alphabet and numbers. You will continue to build vocabulary and incorporate some grammar to create sentences. There will be plenty of opportunities to practice pronunciation.
After this course, you should be able to:
- use greetings and farewells and introduce yourself;
- pronounce in a way that people will understand you;
- talk about yourself, family, leisure time, studies, work, weather, etc.;
- use basic structures for communication, asking questions, shopping etc.;
- use basic structures for making plans and arrangements;
- understand basic, naturally-spoken Finnish and participate in simple conversations;
- read basic texts;
- understand simple written messages, e.g., on the street, in stores, cafés etc.; and
- write simple messages, text messages, etc. in Finnish.
And finally, you will also be introduced to some Finnish traditions, culture and fun facts. Short video clips, games and team work will bring another lighter aspect to this course.
Tuesdays, September 17 to December 3, 2019
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Cost (Fall 2019)
CA$450 + HST (12 classes, 2 hours per class, once per week)
Register before August 17th for $50 off.
Register between August 18th to September 1st for $25 off.
Our classes take place at a central location in Toronto, Ontario Canada near public transportation (normally by a TTC subway or streetcar). Information about classroom location will be sent to registered and paid students prior to the start of class through e-mail.
Any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
You can also be added to our mailing list here for future promotions, registration dates and more.
Before registering, view our Refund and Cancellation Policy.