No prior knowledge of Danish is required.
This course is designed with the absolute beginner in mind. The main objective of the course is to give an ability to use the Danish language to communicate and exchange basic information. The course will start with the fundamentals such as the alphabet and numbers. You will continue to build vocabulary and incorporate some grammar to create sentences. There will be plenty of opportunities to practice pronunciation.
After this course, you should be able to:
- use greetings and farewells and introduce yourself;
- pronounce in a way that people will understand you;
- talk about yourself, family, leisure time, studies, work, weather, etc.;
- use basic structures for communication, asking questions, shopping etc.;
- use basic structures for making plans and arrangements;
- understand basic, naturally-spoken Danish and participate in simple conversations;
- read basic texts;
- understand simple written messages, e.g., on the street, in stores, cafés etc.; and
- write simple messages, text messages, etc. in Danish.
And finally, you will also be introduced to some Danish traditions, culture and fun facts. Short video clips, games and team work will bring another lighter aspect to this course.
12-WEEK COURSE SCHEDULE
May 2 – July 18, 2018
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Our classes take place at a central location in Toronto, Ontario Canada near public transportation (normally by a TTC subway or streetcar). Information about classroom location will be sent to registered students prior to start of class through e-mail.
The book is not included and must be ordered separately. It is not available on our Amilia web store. The book is used for both Danish levels I and II.
You can order it here on Amazon.com:
Cost (SPRING-SUMMER 2018)
$399 plus HST
for one 2-hour session per week for 12 weeks
Before registering, view our Refund and Cancellation Policy.